A young child’s interests center around things that are familiar to him. Exploring God’s creation uses the child’s natural curiosity about his world to help him learn more about God. Teach the children that God made the land, sea, and sky.
Theme Scripture: “in the begining, God made the sky and the earth.” Genesis 1:1 (ICB) Help the children remember this vers by asking them to repeat it after with simple hand motions. (shown on first page)
Unit Goals: By the end of this unit, the child should:
• Know that God made the land, sea, and sky
• Feel thankful and joyful
• Thank God for making the earth, sea, and sky.
• Creation (Genesis 1:1-10) Focus: God made the land, sea, and sky
• Lot Chooses Land (Genesis 13:5-18) Focus: God made the different kinds of land from which Lot chose.
• The Sun Stands Still (Joshua 10:6-14) Focus: God made the sun, and it obeys him.
• Catching Lots of Fish (Luke 5:1-11) Focus: God made the lake where Jesus’ friends caught fish.
-Soap Flake Sea
-Watercolor Sky with Cotton Ball Clouds
-Play Dough Mountains
-Where Do They Go?
Music & Movement:
-In the Beginning
-God Made Land
-March Across the Land
-Over Land, Over Sea
-Catch a Falling Star
This folder is designed to give you the ideas you need to teach a unit about God’s creation of land, sea, and sky. Mix and match the activities you want with the stories suggested, and enjoy!
BUY PDF DOWNLOAD FOR “God Made Land, Sea and Sky” $2.99
(sold as downloads only, print not available) Your purchase includes permission to reproduce the pages for ministry purposes at a single location, not for distribution to non-purchasers.