One of the most familiar and popular Bible stories for most young children is the story of baby Jesus. There are stars and angels, shepherds and animals. There are wise men and gifts. There’s a husband and wife. and most important of all, there’s a very special baby. Teach young children that baby Jesus is God’s gift to us. He is God’s own Son.
By the end of this unit, the child should:
- Know that God sent his Son, Jesus, to the earth as a baby.
- Feel happy and thankful. Feel loving toward baby Jesus.
- Thank god for sending baby Jesus
- Gabriel Comes to Mary (Luke 1:26-38)
- No Room at the Inn (Luke 2:1-7)
- Angels and Shepherds (Luke 2:8-20)
- Wise Men Visit Jesus (Matthew 2:1-2)
A Verse to Remember:
“God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son.” John 3:16 (ICB)
This folder is designed to give you the ideas you need to teach a unit about Jesus’ birth. Mix and match the activities you want with the stories suggested, and enjoy!